Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A disheartening news story

Baby tests positive for cocaine; parents jailed

Saw this news story this morning. The mother admitted to using crack cocaine while breastfeeding. It's just so sad, and it makes me so angry. Cruel for the baby most of all, of course. But, it also feels cruel to me at the moment as I fear this last cycle has failed. It just makes me want to give up. I feel bad even complaining since there are others so much more deserving than me. If this has taught me anything it's that there's no rhyme or reason, no fairness involved in this pursuit. Please forgive the melodrama.

2 comments:

Janna said...

I heard about this! It just disgusts me!!! UGH...I'll never understand why some people like that are allowed to have children while we fight to have them.

HolyCityPrayer said...

Dear Sara,

Please do not lose heart.

My wife took 5 years until our oldest Elisheva was born, and we've had 4 more since then. (Our first two were with her first husband).

If we can help you with a prayer said especially for you in the Holy City, near the spot of the Temple in Jerusalem, please join our society.

Thanks and God Bless,
Gidon Ariel
Co-Founder, The Holy City Prayer Society
jerusalem@holycityprayer.com
http://www.holycityprayer.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get our free e-newsletter: "Prayers and Thoughts from Jerusalem"
Send a blank message to prayers@aweber.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please join our Society! http://www.holycityprayer.com/join.html